- While the world is self-confidant Kingdom people are poor in spirit.
- While the world parties on, Kingdom people mourn sin and suffering.
- While the world values self-determination Kingdom people are meek.
- While the world craves pleasure Kingdom people hunger and thirst for righteousness.
- While the world kicks you when you’re down Kingdom people show mercy.
- While the world settles for impurity Kingdom people are pure in heart.
- In a world filled with conflict Kingdom people are peacemakers.
- While the world persecutes and insults righteousness Kingdom people faithfully endure persecution and insults for the sake of King Jesus. Radical!
June 9, 2013 “Blessed Brokenness”
Before we get started this morning I want to remind you that next Sunday is Father’s Day and we’ll have one combined service at 11:00. It’ll will be a special day as we honor our fathers, but more importantly as we honor our Lord in sharing the Lord’s Supper. Now open your Bibles to Matthew 5 as we continue our study of the Beatitudes, the opening statements of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount. Let’s all stand together as I read Matthew 5:1-12. Jesus is talking about the radical life of Kingdom people living with Kingdom priorities. Just let your eyes rest on those radical statements for just a moment.
As you’re seated please keep your Bibles open to Matthew 5 as we focus today on the second Beatitude. Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.